Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Well, this is awkward...

Like running into someone you once dated, who one day, without explanation, just stopped calling. Everything seemed to be going so well, and then--Poof! You see him at the farmers market one Sunday morning, walking hand in hand with someone who is not you, buying flowers for their table, or some stupid arugula for the salad they will later prepare together, and maybe you just want to snatch their Venti lattes and scald the smugness right off of their pretentious little life. Believe me, I understand, but please, before you cause a scene, hear me out and give me a second chance! It's not you, it's me!

Doing the blog was really getting me down. It was a very long year, filled with periods of deep anxiety and depression. The more I thought about or talked about the AVM, the more anxious and depressed I became. Waiting 12 months to have my first post-gamma MRI, with no (medical) encouragement was driving me mad. Every day I feared that the gamma knife was not working, that I was going to have a bleed...I had to stop thinking about it for a while. Like a prisoner, I had to do my own time. A year has passed, and I am eagerly awaiting my appointemnt to ge before the parole board (otherwise known as the MRI tech, radiologist and neurologist.) I am hoping that they will give me life.

No comments: