Thursday, April 9, 2009

Major Shrinkage!


"Shrinkage" is a word most people...well, shrink away from. Without belaboring the point our friend George is making above, there are other examples of shrinkage that are equally unsettling: the "shrinkage" of my jeans (read, expansion of my ass) ; my 401K; personal space, ad infinitum. But in the same way that not all growth is good (see, e.g. : student loan debt; ass issue, supra; impatience, etc. ), not all shrinkage is bad. I am happy to say that I recently had the pleasure of finding out that over the past year since I had Gamma Knife surgery on my AVM it has shrunk from almost 3cm to 9mm x 4mm! Wooohooo! I have not had any real negative effects from the surgery at all. Though it has not been a walk in the park, relative to others I know, I have been extremely lucky. I will fill in the (irritating) details about how I finally found out about my epic shrinakage in a future post. Right now I don't want to do anything to 'minimize' the sweetness of the moment.

No comments: