Friday, April 10, 2009

"Patient has a small AVM in the brain" Part II

So, I rush home, the roads are covered in snow, it's almost midnight, and the pre-MRI xanax had long worn off. The first thing I did when I got home was load the CD in my computer, I don't think I even shut the front door. I click through 43 images and then, there it is. The AVM who I have only seen in pictures, but could recognize instantly. I open a beer. I feel like I am trying to interpret a home pregnancy test: 'is it a little shadowier? Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Should I get another MRI, just to be sure? Did this thing even work?' The next day, I call the hospital and my doctor to ask if the radiologist has made a report yet. I do the same thing the next day. And the next. Then there was the long 'holiday' weekend. (Cue festive music and joyous...um, despair.) On Tuesday, I get the radiologist on the phone. He wants to do another MRI. (Repeat from beginning).

No comments: