Monday, May 19, 2008

An "A" for Effort!

What ever happened to the good old days, when your best efforts, no matter how dismal the results, still earned a shiny gold star and a mello-smello sticker from the teacher? I crashed and burned today on my second of four final exams, like Jon Bon Jovi--shot doooooown in a blaze of glorrrr----aayyyy!!! But I feel like I worked way harder than any other person in the class. As far as I'm concerned, I should have rated a standing ovation every time I went to class. Extra credit for resisting the urge to walk out every time I was gripped by a panic attack and couldn't breathe. Instead, all of my efforts will be judged by three typed pages that, instead of addressing the exam questions, criticize the professor's grammar. One of my answers relating to a question about federal regulations went something like this: (and yes, I did use bold)

These sentences are all written in a passive voice!!!!!!!!!!! WHO did WHAT? WHO is the ACTOR??!!! WHAT/WHO are the SUBJECTS of these sentences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!There is no way to answer any of these questions!

So, maybe I suck at being a student right now. They say those who can't do teach. (Ironically, I have no idea how to punctuate that sentence.) Maybe it's true for the professor and I both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm standing up and clapping for you! lol Seriously, I think you are AMAZING for attending class during all this AVM business! I can't even walk around the grocery store! lol