Thursday, May 15, 2008

Some People Have it Worse Than You...


It worked for these people!

...In case you haven't heard--but I'm sure you have. Got an aneurysm? At least you're not buried in rubble in China! Cerebral hemorrhage? At least your house didn't burn down! Well, when you put it that way, my situation is fucking great! What is with the compulsion people have to try to cheer you up by both shaming you for being disappointed (rightfully) for getting dealt a bad hand, while simultaneously encouraging you to wallow in schadenfreude? How, exactly, is this supposed to be "helpful"?

I am going to see how others respond to this. From now on, it will be my response to everything:

Q: "Have you seen my pen?"

A: "At least you're not blind!"

Q: "Where's the remote?"

A: "At least you still have your family!"

We'll see how helpful people think it is.

No comments: